Operations Manager is a very important senior role that involves overseeing day-to-day activities and ensuring that the organization runs as smoothly and effectively as possible.
The Operations Manager must be very organized and process-oriented, must have a passion for supporting people, and must have effective communication and interpersonal skills. This role involves a lot of logistical planning and liaising between team members, especially between project officers and management.
The Operations Manager reports to the Executive Director and is a member of the ‘Management Team’ which also includes the Financial & Data Officer and the Office Manager.
- Improve the operational processes and policies in support of the organization’s mission - specifically, support better management reporting, information flow, and organizational planning.
- Increase the organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by coordinating between the Management Team and project officers regarding issues such as operational planning, HR, budgeting, and reporting.
- Regular meetings with Executive Director regarding operations, with the Financial & Data Officer regarding fiscal planning and performance indicators, and with the Office Manager regarding HR and logistics.
- Play a significant role in long-term organizational planning, specifically regarding initiatives geared toward operational excellence.
Responsibilities by Function:
Financial Management: Assist Executive Director and Financial and Data Officer in creating annual organizational budget and in monitoring cash flow by serving as a liaison between Management Team and project officers regarding operational spending.
Information Management: Support better management reporting and information flow by serving as a key liaison between project officers and Management Team as well as between individual members of the Management Team. Ensure that the right information is delivered to the right people in the right format.
Organizational Effectiveness: Manage operational functions, processes, and policies including Weekly Workplans, Bi-Monthly Operational Plans, and Semi-annual Operational Plans. Drive initiatives in the Management Team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
Organizational Leadership: Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team. Commitment to getting the job done.
- Passionate about Community Forest Pemba’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Highly organized and comfortable managing complex operations.
- Persuasive with details and facts.
- Strong background and work experience in Management, Logistics, and Finance.
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing teams and major projects or initiatives.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of views.
- Applicants are to send a cover letter, CV, and supporting certifications / diplomas / degrees by 22 June 2017.
- Women will be given priority.
- Send applications via email or hard copy to: